Wingspan is a competitive, medium-weight, card-driven, engine-building board game from Stonemaier Games.
You are birders seeking to attract the best birds to your network of wildlife preserves. Each habitat in the game is associated with an action (gaining food, laying eggs, drawing cards). Each bird that you play makes you better at those actions, and triggers its own power each time you use its habitat.
- Nature: A bird-based game takes wing (5/14/19)
- The Guardian: The board games turning science into playtime (4/20/19)
- Science magazine: When birding meets board games, everyone wins (4/1/19)
- Geek and Sundry: Bird and Gaming Enthusiasts Take Flight in Wingspan (3/18/19)
- BeBold Games: Wingspan Is Important (3/17/19)
- New York Times: She Invented a Board Game With Scientific Integrity. It’s Taking Off. (3/11/19)
- Times of London: Birdwatching game Wingspan flies off the shelves (3/14/19)
- Jeux.com (Mar 13 2019)
- Gaming Trend: Crazy Eights on Wingspan (3/11/19)
- Art in Boardgames #44 (2/26/19)
- Tabletop Gaming Magazine: A Bird In the Hand (January 2019)
- Audubon: Birds Star In One of This Year's Hottest Board Games (January 2019)